general terms & conditions of sale and travel
- All vessels, sailings and itineraries are subject to change at Fullers’ discretion for reasons of weather conditions, sea states and/or for operational requirements. Fullers will not be liable for any consequential losses or additional costs incurred as a result of cancellation.
- Unused portions of concession tickets are non-refundable.
- Tickets are refundable in the event that Fullers cancels the service.
- Every passenger must have a valid ticket to travel. If a ticket is lost, stolen, defaced or mutilated, a replacement ticket must be purchased before the passenger can travel.
- Passengers maybe subject to ticket audits at anytime, and all tickets and passes for travel remain the property of Fullers.
- All payments are to be made in New Zealand dollars and must include payment for any bank charges. All prices are in NZ$ and include GST (15%).
- All tickets must be used in accordance with the applicable period or any conditions printed on them and with these and any other applicable terms and conditions.
- Reservations are required for the following Fullers services:
- Rangitoto Volcanic Explorer Tour
- Waiheke Explorer Tour
- Wine on Waiheke
- Taste of Waiheke
- Great Barrier Island
Tickets for these services may be exchanged or refunded up to 48 hours prior to date of travel.
No refunds will be given for cancellations within 48 hours of travel date.
Passengers must travel on the date that has been booked with tickets displaying the correct date of travel.
- A deposit may be requested to confirm your reservation or booking for a charter or large group in which case it will be a non-refundable payment. Payment of a deposit forms part of the final payment and means you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Travel.
- Fullers may sell services of other operators who are not connected with Fullers and whose operations are outside the control of Fullers. Fullers accept no responsibility or liability for the service provided by those operators except as required by law.
- If a passenger is using a Fullers’ service for business purpose the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply.
- The Master of the vessel reserves the right to refuse any person access on any sailing for any reason including any person who is unruly in behaviour, unfit to travel, is likely to cause distress or discomfort to other passengers or has previously engaged in any unlawful activities affecting Fullers. The Master may also require any person to leave the vessel.
- Adults are responsible for the behaviour of accompanying children in their care or under their supervision.
- The Master of the vessel has the right to refuse access on any sailing to any passenger carrying any noxious plant or animal pest. The Master has the right to inspect the contents of any passenger’s luggage or freight for any noxious plant or animal pest on any service whose destination is part of the Department of Conservation Estate.
- No smoking is permitted on any of Fullers vessels, Fullers’ licensed areas or areas under the control of Fullers.
- Fullers vessels are premises licensed to sell alcoholic beverages. Only alcohol purchased on board may be consumed on the vessel. Those violating this condition may be asked to surrender their alcohol until the completion of their journey.
- Fullers accepts no responsibility for a passenger’s personal luggage which is under their care and control, and for which no fee has been charged. Two pieces of carry on luggage per passenger may be carried free of charge.
- Fullers liability for luggage that is under Fullers’ care and control and for which a separate fee has been charged is limited to liability pursuant to the Carriage of Goods Act 1979. The Act limits Fullers’ liability to $1,500 per person. Passengers are advised to arrange their own insurance cover for amounts over $1,500.
- No petrol or gas cylinders may be carried in personal luggage. Items with a fuel tank must be declared and the tank must be empty. Small LPG bottles, paint, batteries and other dangerous substances must be declared and stowed safely under the direction of the vessel crew. If in doubt declare the item to the Master of the vessel.
- Copies of the Terms and Conditions of Sale and Travel are available from any Fullers Ticket Office.
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale and Travel are subject to New Zealand Law.
Age Fare to be Paid Under 5s Infant (No charge for boat fare) 5 - 15 years inclusive Child 16 - 65 years inclusive Adult 65 years and over Senior – special conditions apply
- Fullers provides subsidised travel for disabled persons and senior citizens at the applicable discounted rates upon presentation of an authorised Disability or Senior Citizens Identity Card or the SuperGold Card.
- For some charters and services, child and senior citizen discounts will not apply and a full adult fare will need to be paid to secure a booking. This will be advised at the time of booking.
Special fares are available for School and Tertiary Student carrying a valid Auckland region High School or Tertiary ID card for the purposes of commuting. These special fares are not valid for Rangitoto Island, Harbour Cruise or Waiheke Island tour products. The application form for access to these discounted fares is available at Fullers Ticket Offices and can be downloaded here.
SuperGold Card holders can go for free on all Bayswater, Birkenhead, Northcote Point, Stanley Bay, Devonport, Half Moon Bay and Waiheke Island ferry services. Free travel applies from 9am Monday to Friday and all day weekends and public holidays. Even though travel is free, a ticket must be obtained for the journey. One way tickets are availabe only. Tickets will only be issued upon presentation of a SuperGold Card.
Fullers operates its Sunday timetable for all services on all Public Holidays except Christmas Day.
Limited services are operated on Christmas Day. For details on these services, please contact Fullers.
The following clipping allowances relate to each ticket type and destination:
10 Trip Tickets
Waiheke Adult 10 Trip
Maximum 3 clips for any one sailing
Waiheke Child 10 Trip
Maximum 4 clips for any one sailing
Waiheke Tertiary 10 Trip Maximum 1 clip for any one sailing Half Moon Bay 10 Trip Maximum 2 clips for any one sailing Inner Harbour Services Maximum 2 clips for any one sailing Family Passes Waiheke, Half Moon Bay and all Inner Harbour Services 2 Adults and 4 Children or 1 Adult and 5 Children Rangitoto, Great Barrier Services and the Harbour Cruise 2 Adults and 2 Children Waiheke 40 Trip Tickets Waiheke Adult 40 Ride Pass Maximum 2 clips for any one sailing Waiheke Child 40 Ride Pass Maximum 2 clips for any one sailing
SPECIAL CONDITIONS – PASSES AND OTHER TICKETS
The following special terms and conditions relate to the Adult Monthly Pass, Child Monthly Pass, Tertiary Student Monthly Pass and Devonport Term Pass.
- These passes are not transferable to another person.
- They are for fixed periods of travel. This will be indicated on the ticket.
- A photo I.D. must be presented when travelling on these passes. This condition does not apply to the Workers Weekly Pass.
- To buy a Monthly Pass you must be a member of the Fullers Captain's Club. Application forms to join the Captain's Club are available from Fullers’ Ticket Offices and on our website.
- To access any tertiary student fare (excluding Waiheke) you must have a Maxx Tertiary Student I.D. Card.
- To replace a lost Tertiary Identity Card or Captain's Club Card a $10.00 replacement fee must be paid. A written application for a replacement and a new photograph must be supplied before a replacement card can be issued.
- Abuses of the use of these tickets may result in a passenger’s right to purchase these passes being withdrawn.
- Passes remain the property of Fullers.
- A tertiary student monthly pass can only be purchased from Matiatia Ticket Office.
- These tickets are only available for purchase at the Matiatia Ticket Office.
- These tickets are only valid for travel on the date stamped on them.
- If for any reason the passenger is unable to travel back on the date indicated on the ticket, then a full one way fare must be paid.
- These tickets can only be purchased through the website.
- They may only be used on the date printed on the ticket.
- These tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Tertiary passes and tickets may only be used on a Waiheke ferry service to travel to or from a course of study. Enrolement at a tertiary institute or possession of a Maxx Tertiary Student I.D Card does not give the right to travel on these fares.
- The right to purchase and use Fullers tertiary commuter fares on the Waiheke service is granted at the discretion of Fullers.
- To access these fares a tertiary student must apply to Fullers and complete a verification of full time study form, which is obtainable from Fullers Ticket Offices, and must abide by the conditions of purchase listed on the application form.
- Proof of eligibility to travel free of charge is required. Only the national 'SuperGold Card' or an appropriate regional council I.D. card will be accepted.
- Travel before 9.00am on Monday to Friday is at full adult fare.
- Travel from 9.00am on Monday to Friday is free of charge.
- Travel at any time during weekends is free of charge.
- A free ticket must be obtained from a Fullers Ticket Office each time a Senior Citizen travels free of charge.
- Senior Citizens travelling on tourist products and tours are entitled to discounted travel in accordance with the fares published in timetables.
The following special terms and conditions relate to Waiheke Off-Island tickets.
The following special terms and conditions relate to ‘Saver Seat’ tickets.
The following special terms and conditions relate to the Waiheke Tertiary 10 Trip Pass.
The following special terms and conditions relate to Senior Citizens travelling on the Waiheke Island, Bayswater, Birkenhead/ Northcote Point, Devonport, Stanley Bay and Half Moon Bay ferry services.
The following special terms and conditions relate to the carriage of bicycles.
- Bicycles cannot be carried on services to Department of Conservation islands.
- Bicycles are transported free of charge on all other services, no ticket is required.
- Pets and guide dogs may be permitted to travel free of charge on scheduled public transport ferry and bus services at the discretion of the vessel’s master or bus driver.
- Dogs and other pets must at all times be kept on a lead or in an appropriate carry cage and be under the control of the owner who must follow the instructions of the vessel crew or bus driver. Failure to follow instructions will mean the dog or pet will not be allowed to travel. Owners will be required to clean up any mess that their pets may have caused.
- Pet cages must be placed on floor (not seats or tables).
- Pets are not permitted to travel on ferries to islands in the Department of Conservation Estate or on Fullers and 360 Discovery tourist services.