text alert service
Now you can get changes to your normal ferry service sent straight to your mobile phone. Stay informed about delays, cancellations, timetable changes and extra sailings by joining our text alert service.
HOW TO JOIN
1. Using the table below, select the text group code that best suits your ferry travel needs. You can only join one group at a time.
2. Then text the word “JOIN” followed by your selected code to the number 484. For example to join the 'Devonport Commuter' alert group, text 'JOIN DCM' to 484. Send a separate text message for each alert group you want to subscribe to. NOTE: there needs to be a space between the word JOIN and the code e.g. “JOIN DCM”. Letters are not case sensitive.
3. You will then receive a confirmation message from us, giving details of the routes you have subscribed to. If you have any problems, call 0800 FULLERS or 09 367 9111 during normal office hours.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SERVICE
What is the Fullers Text Alert Service for?
The purpose of the service is to allow us to communicate more effectively with you about any changes to your chosen ferry services. This could be a cancelled service, delays due to weather/fog, or replacement buses due to low tide.
Will joining the text service cost me anything?
You only have to pay 20c when you register, which is the cost of the text message you send to us. This will be charged to your mobile phone bill. If you send a text to unsubscribe, it will also cost you 20c. All texts you may receive are paid for by Fullers.
What time will messages be sent out?
This will depend on the message. Our aim is to give you as much warning as possible, depending on the circumstances. Please be aware that receipt of text messages is dependent on telecommunications network availability.
Does the service work on any mobile phone?
Any phone that is registered with either Telecom, Vodafone or 2Degrees.
Do you share my details with any other party?
Absolutely not. Your details are all confidential and held in a secure database. We will not share them with anyone else.
Why don’t all routes have inter peak and weekend/public holiday options?
Waiheke Island and Devonport are the only groups with an extended text service to cover interpeak hours, weekends, and public holidays. This is because Waiheke Islanders rely on the ferries as their link with the mainland and Devonport has a much higher volume of passengers at these times than other groups.
What if the text I send to join is rejected?
Check your spelling and make sure that you have the right code. Check that the word JOIN and the code is separated by a space. You can only join one group at a time, so if you go over this number you will not be able to register. If you have further problems, call us during standard business hours on 0800 3855 377 and our call centre staff will be happy to help you.
What if I need help or have any questions?
You can call 0800 3855 377 during standard business hours and our call centre staff will be happy to help you.
How do I unsubscribe?
You can text the word STOP to the number 484 at any time. This cancels all the text groups you joined.
What if I belong to several text groups and I just want to unsubscribe to one of them?
You have to unsubscribe to all text groups (see above) and then send a new registration text to re-join the routes you want to keep.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This service is on a “best effort” basis. At times we may not be able to get alerts out as quickly as we would like, due to late breakdowns etc. We will do our best to keep you aware of changes and cancellations as far in advance as possible
2. It costs 20 cents to send the text to join the service (this is charged to your mobile phone bill, like any other text). Receipt of all text messages are free.
3. Receipt of messages is dependent on telecommunications and network availability. Sometimes messages do not arrive at the right time due to network coverage. Fullers cannot be responsible for late receipt of messages for this reason.
4. Fullers will not give out any of your details you provide. Your contact details are only used to communicate with you for this service. Other details are only used to ensure you get the messages relating to your regular crossing services.