New Zealand's steepest mountain railway, Driving Creek features a unique railway journey climbing through a native regenerating kauri forest. See pottery sculptures and artworks as the train winds its way to the EyeFull Tower lookout for superb views over Coromandel Town and beyond.
- Mountain train ride - Enjoy a 1 ¼ hour return journey on New Zealand’s only narrow gauge mountain railway as it takes you through replanted native kauri forest and ceramic sculptures. Hear the fascinating story of Driving Creek Railway’s creator, Barry Brickell and how this place came to be.
- EyeFull Tower – Arrive at the railway’s iconic vista point, the EyeFull Tower lookout, featuring superb views over the harbour, Coromandel Town and beyond.
- Return shuttle transfer – Enjoy the quick ride to Driving Creek Railway. The tour includes return transfer from the Coromandel ferry (Hannafords Wharf) via Coromandel Town.
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours.
- Departure Time: Tour departs Coromandel Town at 12.10pm on ferry days.
- Availability: Tour operates daily in conjunction with the Fullers360 Coromandel ferry.
We’ve partnered with a local tour company to provide a bespoke Coromandel experience. As all tours depart from Coromandel Town, we provide a complimentary shuttle from the wharf. You’ll have time to explore the town prior to your tour departure. Here’s what your day will likely look like:
- Ferry arrives at Hannafords Wharf, Coromandel: Approximately 10.45am
- Shuttle to Coromandel Town: Meets the ferry at Hannafords Wharf, and arrives in Coromandel Town at approximately 11.15am
- Free time to explore Coromandel Town until scheduled tour departure
- Tour departs Coromandel Town: 12.10pm
- Tour returns to Coromandel Town: 2.10pm
- Shuttle to Hannafords Wharf: Departs Coromandel Town (Samuel James Reserve car park) 30 minutes prior to scheduled ferry departure
TOUR: Adult $52 Child $27 Infant: No charge Family $131
Child: 5-15 years inclusive. Infants: 0-4 years inclusive. Family: 2 adults and 2 children.
Bookings for this tour are essential, and places are limited. To secure your ferry and tour package, please book through our call centre: Email or Phone 09 367 9111
Learn more about what you can do to help stop the spread of kauri dieback.