For a truly unique experience, stay overnight in DOC’s Tiritiri Matangi Island bunkhouse, the only accommodation on the island.
The bunkhouse is often used by volunteers and visiting researchers, but has limited availability to the public with advanced bookings. The communal facility has three rooms, with 15 bunk beds in total.
- Room 1 Kahu – four beds
- Room 2 Kokako – five beds
- Room 3 Tuatara – six beds
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Drinking water
- Two hot shower
- Two flushing toilets
- Bookings are essential. Please be sure to review all details and booking terms and conditions from DOC.
- Prior to booking, check that the ferry is available on your chosen arrival and departure dates. The ferry does not run on Mondays and Tuesday, and island rangers are unavailable for required bunkhouse briefing or check-out on these days.
- Receive a great discount on your bunkhouse booking by joining the Supporters of Tiritiri Matangi here.
- For more information and to make a booking, please visit DOC’s bunkhouse site.
Important biosecurity information
Tiritiri Matangi Island is a pest-free wildlife sanctuary, which means there are important biosecurity requirements in place. All visitors must complete and bring the biosecurity checklist.