coromandel tours New Chums Beach Explorer
One of the best parts of coming to the Coromandel is experiencing the local beaches, some of which are voted the best in the world, and the New Chums Beach Explorer tour is a great way to see the best of them. Starting with a superb scenic drive over the mountains, head over to the Eastern coastline where you can choose to explore 1 or 2 of the options below.
Being a popular choice, Whangapoua Beach is known for its safe swimming, beautiful walks and its white sand and clear water. Staying here allows you to spend the maximum time at the beach.
New Chums Beach
From Whangapoua you can take a half hour rock walk to the breath-taking New Chums Beach, rated internationally amongst the top twenty wilderness beaches in the world. This beach is known for its unspoilt beauty, sparkling white sand and clear azure water. With its spectacular surroundings, it’s the perfect place to enjoy a picnic lunch.
|Availability:||Tour operates daily in conjunction with the 360 Coromandel ferry service. Note: you can only do one tour a day|
|Tour Price:||Adult $45, Child $27 (ferry fares are additional)|
|Fitness:||Moderate - agility is required for the New Chum's Walk|
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes, sun block and a sun hat.
- Change of clothes, swimming gear and a towel.
- Lunch and plenty of water.
- A light rain jacket, depending on the time of year and conditions.
|Returns||2.15pm (weekdays) or 3.30pm (weekends / public holidays)|
|Whangapoua/ New Chums Walkway|
|Pick Up||approx. 1.45pm (weekdays) or 3.00pm (weekends / public holidays)|
- Operates in conjunction with the 360 Discovery schedule and Coromandel-Whitianga Shuttle service.
- Suitable for all ages.
- Bookings are essential.
- If you are wanting to stay longer, later pickup times can be arranged with Coromandel Adventures (additional fares for private shuttle service may apply).
- Child car seats available on request in advance