Stretching from Auckland to the Coromandel Peninsula, the Hauraki Gulf is home to stunning coastlines, marine reserves and more than 50 unique islands. Visit Auckland’s seaside suburbs in the inner Waitematā Harbour, or cruise to one of the islands further offshore. Sip your way through island wineries, climb to the summit of a 600-year-old volcano, visit pristine beaches, or encounter native wildlife on conservation islands. We invite you to explore the Hauraki Gulf’s most sought-after destinations with us!
discover Waiheke Island
Buy online and save! Pre-purchase your ticket online to access online savings and skip the ticket queues when you visit Waiheke Island.
- Half day or full day
- Our most popular destination, Waiheke Island is home to 30 boutique wineries
- Vineyard restaurants offering culinary indulgence
- Beaches and coastal walking trails with stunning views
- Quirky galleries, art studios and gift shops to explore
- Plenty of opportunities for adventure, including ziplining, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting and more
- Journey 40 minute ferry journey
- Ferry Cost Adult $42 Child $21
Discover Rangitoto Island
- Full day.
- One of the most iconic landmarks in Auckland's city skyline.
- Walk the summit through lava fields and native forest to the peak.
- Explore the island’s lava caves.
- An absolute must do day out for locals and tourists alike.
- Stunning views of Auckland harbour.
- Journey 25 minute sailing
- Ferry Cost Adult $39 Child $19.50
discover Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Tiritiri Matangi Island is a thriving wildlife sanctuary for native and endangered birds.
- We recommend booking the 90 minute guided walk to identify species and their calls.
- Plenty of walking tracks through native bush and to the beautiful Hobbs Beach.
- Up-close views of little blue penguins in their nesting boxes.
- Home to New Zealand’s oldest lighthouse.
- Journey 75 minute sailing
- Ferry Cost Adult $82* Child $50*
discover Rotoroa Island
- Full day
- Experience first hand the conservation of iconic New Zealand species
- Visit the award-winning museum, and heritage buildings and learn about the island’s fascinating history
- Wander beautiful walking tracks, lookout points and pristine beaches – perfect for a picnic or BBQ
- Stay overnight in boutique accommodation
- Journey 75 min ferry journey
- Ferry Cost Adult $55 Child $33
- Half day
- Devonport is a historic seaside town with picturesque Victorian villas, quaint cafés, restaurants, galleries and shops
- Beautiful skyline views from North Head and Mount Victoria volcanic cones
- Perfect picnic spot at Cheltenham Beach, with views to Rangitoto Island
- Home to the Torpedo Bay Navy Museum and Royal New Zealand Naval Base
- Journey 12 min ferry journey
- Ferry Cost Adult $15 Child $7.50
discover Coromandel Peninsula
- Full day or overnight.
- Coromandel Town is the perfect gateway for exploring the stunning natural surroundings.
- Historic gold mining town with unique heritage buildings.
- Great cafés with local seafood, plus colourful art galleries and studios.
- Conservation, Pottery Class, Zipline and Driving Creek Rail Tours.
- Journey 2hr ferry journey
- Ferry Cost Adult $103* Child $65*
discover Auckland City
- Half day
- Auckland is New Zealand’s largest and most diverse city
- Perfect base for visiting the Hauraki Gulf islands or cruising the harbour
- Bustling city centre and hub for shopping, dining and entertainment
- Home to the iconic Sky Tower, urban beaches, Coast-to-Coast Walkway and more