Cyclone Gabrielle ferry cancellations - 14 February
With high winds anticipated this evening, ferry services across the network will be cancelled. Customers are being advised to avoid unnecessary travel.
- Waiheke Island: Slips at Matiatia have caused road closures and there is no power at Matiatia Ferry Terminal. Emergency services are working to resolve the issue and ferry services will be reinstated once Fullers360 has been given the call clear from Civil Defence. Once given the all clear, we are planning to reinstate a reduced services timetable.
If services are able to resume, the last service from downtown Auckland will be at 8:45pm with a return at 9:30pm, weather depending.
- Devonport: Sailings will continue hourly from midday until the last sailing from downtown Auckland at 7pm with a return at 7:15pm.
- Half Moon Bay: The last sailing to Half Moon Bay from downtown Auckland will be at 4:55pm and return to downtown Auckland at 5:35pm.
- Hobsonville Point/Beach Haven: The last sailing to Hobsonville Point from downtown Auckland will be at 4:55pm and return to downtown Auckland from Beach Haven at 5:30pm and Hobsonville Point at 5:35pm.
- Bayswater, Te Onewa Northcote Point, Birkenhead: The last sailing to Bayswater from downtown Auckland will be at 5:10pm and return to downtown Auckland from Te Onewa Northcote Point at 5:20pm and from Birkenhead at 5:30pm.
At this stage we are intending to return to normal timetables tomorrow if weather allows.
We appreciate your patience while we’re doing everything we can to minimise disruptions during this weather event.