Fullers360 and its affiliates ("we" and "us") are committed to the protection of your personal information.
Within this policy, "personal information" means the same as it does within the Privacy Act. In general terms, this includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, address, phone number, email address. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, then the information is considered personal information.
Fullers360, is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under the Privacy Act.
99 Queen Street
Telephone: +64 9 367 9111
With respect to any of your personal data collected during or otherwise processed in connection with your use of a Payment Express terminal, or our ecommerce payment solution, Payment Express acts as data controller.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- full name;
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- age or birth date;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites and mobile app or indirectly through use of our website or online presence through our representatives or otherwise;
- information you provide to us through our customer care team, third party agents, online reviews or customer surveys, visits from our representatives or that is publicly available.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect aggregated information about how users use our website.
Fullers does not store credit card or payment details. Any payment detail needed for the purchasing process is held by payment provider Payment Express NZ Limited.
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and functions, and to provide the best possible quality of customer service. Fullers collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the purpose of:
- providing products and services to you;
- providing you with information or advice about existing and new products and services;
- communicating with you and processing your requests;
- improving and optimising our product and service offerings, market research, generating and providing statistical analysis and rating information;
- personalising and customising your experience and ensuring that content from our site or app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile;
- providing you with access to secure areas of our websites;
- running and administering promotions and competitions on behalf of Fullers360 and selected third parties (which includes sharing information with our events and promotion partners to enable them to do the same);
- verifying your identity;
- notifying you about important functionality changes to our website or app;
- to request feedback on our company, our products and/or our services, and to respond to claims or complaints made by you;
- conducting analysis across Fullers360 companies. By Fullers360 we mean us and companies related to us, such as companies that trade under the brands Fullers360 and Waiheke Bus Company;
- cooperating with government, regulatory or industry authorities;
- investigating if we have reason to suspect a breach of any of our terms and conditions or any suspected unlawful activity, and/or as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
If you choose not to provide us with the personal information described within this policy, then:
- we may not be able to provide you with the product or services you have requested, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products or services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions;
- we may not be able to tailor our content, website and communications for your preferences and your experience of our website and apps may not be as useful.
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. When collecting information from you, we may do this in a variety of ways, including:
- from your access and use of our website, apps and communications, including your registration details and information relating to your use of the website and the services, such as the content you access (for example, the products you have viewed, or the search queries you input);
- through your access and use of our on-board Wi-Fi;
- from your conversations or email or interaction, between you and our customer care representatives, whether in-store or at our contact centres;
- by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us;
- completing surveys, providing feedback or complaining to us.
You agree that we may also collect personal information from third parties, including:
- third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies, and other government entities;
- mailing lists;
- contractors and business partners (including organisations with whom we partner for events or promotions);
- employment recruitment agencies;
- other companies within Fullers360.
To provide our services, Fullers360 requires certain information relating to everyone who uses those services, including children under the age of 16.
We may collect the personal information directly from the child, or if it isn’t practical for us to collect information personal information directly, we may collect that personal information from the child’s parent or guardian instead, on the child’s behalf.
- recognising your computer or device and greet you each time you visit our website, without bothering you with a request to register or log-in;
- keeping track of products or services you view, so that we can send you news and information about those products or services;
- measuring traffic patterns to determine which areas of our websites have been visited and interacted with, and to measure transaction patterns in the aggregate;
- researching our users' habits so that we can improve our online products and services;
- operating our websites efficiently with a high level of functionality;
- measuring the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives;
- presenting customers with web content and advertising that is relevant to them;
- measuring the number of advertising referrals, we have received to our websites from other websites;
- producing data on web traffic and customer web activity in aggregate through our website.
We may also log IP addresses (the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information.
We may share your personal information with any member of the Fullers360 group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act 1993.
We use the information held about you for the purposes set out under the heading "Why do we collect personal information?" above.
We may also send you marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications can be sent in various forms, including but not limited to, mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws. If at any stage you no longer wish to receive these communications you may opt-out by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link in a promotional email) or contacting us. If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us.
Where Fullers360 utilises third parties to undertake services, we may provide those third parties with some of your information in connection with the provision of those services. Examples of such third-party providers may include:
- service providers such as web-hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, photographic analysers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- software providers such as customer relationship management, and accounting software providers;
- our existing or potential suppliers, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us.
We require any third party to protect your information against unauthorised use or disclosure. Some of these service providers may be located overseas. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
Beyond the above, we release personal information only when it is permitted under the Privacy Act or required by law for legal compliance and law enforcement (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities, and/or to your internet service provider or network administrator); to facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Fullers360, our users, or others, and where we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary. Government agencies with statutory roles enabling them to request data from us include but are not restricted to the police, Inland Revenue and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
We use personal information to provide you with information or advice about our existing and new products and services. We also use it to conduct promotions on behalf of Fullers360 and selected third parties. We will not collect usage data or target advertisements based on the following market segments:
- political opinions;
- membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs or affiliations;
- philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practice;
- criminal record;
- health information.
If you are using one of our mobile applications, and you accept that Fullers360 can send you push notifications, then you are agreeing to accept notifications from Fullers360 even when the mobile application is not running. Your push notification preferences can be configured in the application's settings.
The Privacy Act gives you the right to access information held about you by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Privacy Act.
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us via our online form or 0800 FULLERS or +64 9 367 9111.
If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, in most circumstances we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment and will not charge for making any amendments. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Registered users of our websites can access and update some of their user details online. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access or modification. If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
The Fullers360 website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites you choose to visit. If you provide any information directly to parties other than us (even if those sites are showing the Fullers360 brand), different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of the personal information disclosed.
We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your personal information to third parties.
This policy was last updated June 2022.