Rotoroa Island 90 Minute Guided Walk
- 90 minute walk.
- Learn about the island's natural history, restoration and social history as an island for addiction treatment.
- Take in the island's rugged coastline, sandy beaches and regenerating forest.
- Visit the seven-metre high sculpture by New Zealand artist, Chris Booth.
- Uncover the best spots to see native wildlife.
Rotoroa Island Museum and Visitor Centre
- State-of-the-art visitor centre.
- Learn about Māori and early European settlement.
- History of NZ's first and longest running addiction treatment centre.
- Visit preserved, historical buildings.
- Open between 10am-5pm.
- An entry fee of $5 per person is included in the ferry ticket price.
Walking Track Rotoroa Island
- Southern Loop Track.
- A popular walk beginning from the Exhibition Centre, and a 10-minute walk from the wharf.
- Take a detour to Men’s Bay, before looping around the South Tower.
- View the Chris Booth Sculpture and Ruthe Point Lookout.
- Time: 1.25 hours return from the Exhibition Centre.
- Difficulty: easy.
Rotoroa Island Stay the night
- Serenity Holiday Home - Four bedrooms + bunkhouse, sleeps up to 13 people.
- Oranga Cottage - Three bedrooms, sleeps up to six people.
- Mahoe Holiday Home - Four bedrooms, sleeps up to seven people.
- The Superintendent’s House - Dormitory style, sleeps up to 18 people in bunk beds.
Rotoroa Island Volunteer initiatives
- Help create habitats for endangered species on an emerging conservation island.
- Participate in special volunteer tree planting days.
- A unique experience for families and corporate team building groups.
- Discounted ferry travel for volunteers.