Experience the charm of historic Devonport and hear stories of the seaside village‘s past – from the original Maori settlements to today’s naval operations. Your day pass entitles you to travel from the ferry building to Cheltenham, North Head, the Navy Museum and the Devonport Village Centre, returning as you choose.
Return ferry fare from Downtown Auckland
Commentated all day sightseeing pass
See the charm of historical seaside Devonport
Visit a volcanic cone with Maori pa sites
Explore the network of tunnels and forts on North Head
Spectacular 360-degree views of the Auckland region
Visit the Torpedo Bay Navy Museum
Relax in Devonport Village and enjoy unique shopping and dining experiences
- Duration: At least 1 hour, including ferry travel.
Availability: Tour operates daily, except for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Departure time: Ferries to meet this tour depart Auckland from 10.00am to 3.00pm. Tour departs from outside Devonport Ferry Terminal every 30 minutes from 10.30am – 3.30pm.
What can I do?
- All day Hop on Hop off sightseeing - Once you arrive at the Devonport ferry terminal, you’ll be greeted by your local guide at the end of the wharf. Board a small tour coach to begin the journey to Devonport’s best sights, with historical commentary along the way.
- Cheltenham Beach – pass the pristine Cheltenham Beach and café, offering amazing views of Rangitoto Island across the Gulf.
- North Head (Maungauika) – North Head guards the entrance to the harbour and was made into an artillery battery in 1985 to defend Auckland from invasion. It has several amazing gun emplacements and military tunnels to explore – not to mention great walks and the best views of the harbour and the America’s Cup racing.
- Torpedo Bay Navy Museum - Opened in 2010, the Navy Museum is the kaitiaki – guardian of the Royal New Zealand Navy’s memory, showcasing the story of the Navy’s contribution to the development of New Zealand’s identity. The fully accessible facilities include a licensed café and children’s playground.
- Devonport Village – Boutique craft shops, fashion outlets and local art galleries are scattered throughout central Devonport. Walk Victoria Road to do some window shopping, and take the time at the end of the tour to unwind with a coffee or meal.
- Hop on, Hop off - Want to go for a swim at Cheltenham, stay a bit longer at the Navy Museum or explore the tunnels of North Head? The coach departs every 30 minutes and this is an all day pass, so you can leave the coach any time
TOUR + FERRY: Adult $30 Child $15
TOUR ONLY: Adult $15 Child $7.50
Bookings recommended for groups of six or more.