Combine your Fullers360 ferry travel with the most flexible and cost-effective way to experience the island’s top spots. The Hop-On Hop-Off Explorer Bus tour gives you the freedom to visit popular vineyards, beaches and seaside villages full of galleries, shops and cafes at your own pace.
- Your adventure starts as soon as you board your Fullers360 ferry to Waiheke Island from downtown Auckland, your return ferry ticket is included in the tour price.
- Your Hop-On Hop-Off Explorer Bus will be waiting for you right outside Matiatia Ferry Terminal as you arrive on the island.
- Explore the island at your own pace, hop off at one of the 16 stops or stay on for a scenic 1.5 hour loop tour of the island.
- Stops include vineyards, restaurants, shops, art galleries, beaches and nature walks.
- Listen to commentary and local tips from your onboard host.
- Duration: travel at your own pace, but we recommend at least half a day, including return ferry travel.
- Availability: the tour operates Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Hop-On Hop-Off Explorer Bus meets the ferries on arrival every hour Friday, Saturday and Sunday, operating between 9am-5pm. The last tour returns back to Matiatia Ferry Terminal to meet the 7pm departing ferry to downtown Auckland.
Note this tour does not operate on Good Friday or Christmas Day.
ONE DAY PASS: Adult $68 Child $35 Family $180* (return ferry fare and tour pass)
TWO DAY PASS**: Adult $99 Child $55 Family $270* (return ferry fare and tour pass)
*Family is two adults and up to two children.
**The two day pass must be used on consecutive days.
Terms and conditions apply.
MyTours App - is the perfect companion to the Waiheke Island Explorer Hop-on Hop-off tour. It’ll provide you with more information about vineyards and activities near each of the bus stops, plus a detailed interactive map, and other quick links.