Combine your ferry travel with the most flexible and cost-effective way to experience the island’s top spots. The Hop-on Hop-off bus tour gives you the freedom to visit popular vineyards, beaches and seaside villages full of galleries, shops and cafes at your own pace.
- Your adventure starts as soon as you hop on the ferry to Waiheke Island from Downtown Auckland, your return ferry ticket is included in the tour price
- Board the modern Explorer Bus waiting right outside the Matiatia Ferry Terminal
- Explore the island at your own pace, hop off at one of the 16 stops or stay on for a scenic 1.5 hour loop tour of the island
- Stops include top vineyards, restaurants, shops, art galleries, beaches and nature walks
- Listen to commentary and local tips by on board island host
- Your Explorer bus meets the return ferry to Downtown Auckland
- Duration: Go at your own pace, but we recommend at least half a day, including ferry travel
- Availability: the tour operates Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The Explorer Hop-on Hop-off Bus meets the ferries on arrival every hour on Thursday and Friday (operating between 9.00am to 5.00pm) and every 30 minutes on Saturday and Sunday operating between 9.00am to 5.20pm. The last tour finishes back at Matiatia ferry terminal to meet the 7.00pm departing ferry to Auckland.
Tour does not operate ANZAC Day or Christmas Day.
ONE DAY PASS: Adult $68 Child $35 Family $180* (ferry fare, plus explorer pass is included)
TWO DAY PASS**: Adult $99 Child $55 Family $270* (ferry fare, plus explorer pass is included)
*Family is two adults and up to two children.
**The two day pass must be used on consecutive days
Terms & Conditions Apply
Valid from 18th Jan
MyTours App - is the perfect companion to the Waiheke Island Explorer Hop-on Hop-off tour. It’ll provide you with more information about vineyards and activities near each of the bus stops, plus a detailed interactive map, and other quick links.