With conditions across the Hauraki Gulf worsening as Cyclone Gabrielle draws nearer, we are making the following changes to ferry services to reduce risk. Please avoid unnecessary travel and check fullers.co.nz/travel-alerts and the MyFerry app to keep up to date with any service disruptions. Note these service updates may change or be extended depending on the weather forecast.
Sunday 12 February – ferry services cancelled this evening
- Waiheke Island:
The last sailing to the island from downtown Auckland will be at 7:15pm and a return off-island to downtown Auckland at 8pm. Services will be cancelled from 8:45pm for the rest of the evening.
- Half Moon Bay:
The last sailing to Half Moon Bay will be at 2:55pm and return to downtown Auckland at 3:45pm. The 6:10pm and 7pm services will be cancelled.
- Hobsonville Point/Beach Haven:
The last sailing to Hobsonville Point from downtown Auckland will be at 4:55pm and return to downtown Auckland from Beach Haven at 5:30pm and Hobsonville Point at 5:35pm.
- Devonport, Bayswater, Birkenhead and Te Onewa Northcote Point:
Services are being monitored closely and may be cancelled at short notice.
Monday 13 February and Tuesday 14 February
Timetables will be reduced across the ferry network to enable sailing at reduced speeds.
- Waiheke Island services available:
- From AKL: 6am, 7:15am, 8:15am, 9am then hourly until 6pm and then the usual timetable applies from 7:15pm.
- From Waiheke: 6am, 7am, 8am, 9am, 10am then hourly until 7pm then usual timetable applies.
- Devonport services available:
- From AKL: 5:45am, 6.45am, 7.45am, 8.45am, 10am then hourly for rest of the day.
- From Devonport: 6am, 7am, 8am, 9am, 10:15am then hourly for the rest of the day.
- Hobsonville Point:
Will operate on the weekend timetable with an additional 6:35am from Auckland and 7:15am from Hobsonville Point.
Will operate on the weekend timetable with an additional 7:10am and 10:10pm from Auckland, 7:20am and 10:20pm from Bayswater and 7:35am and 10:35pm from Birkenhead.
- Half Moon Bay:
Will operate on the weekend timetable with an additional 8:15pm from Auckland and 7am and 9pm from Half Moon Bay.
- Gulf Harbour services are cancelled, diverting to alternative transport.
- Rangitoto Island and Rotoroa Island services are cancelled.
We will continue to monitor conditions and will look to reinstate services if wind and sea conditions ease.
We appreciate your patience while we’re doing everything we can to minimise disruptions during this weather event.