Tiritiri Matangi Island School groups
- Up close and personal wildlife encounters, and a chance to experience the environment as it was back in the day.
- Tailored educational programmes and guided walks for students from year 1-13, and beyond.
- Learn about the importance of conservation efforts.
- Discounted rates for school groups and accompanying adults.
- Visit our school groups page to learn more.
Tiritiri Matangi Island Meet native birdlife
- Learn more about the birds you’re likely to see across the Hauraki Gulf’s islands.
- Birdlife can be found on Tiritiri Matangi, Rotoroa and Rangitoto Islands.
- More than 23 seabird species breed in the Hauraki Gulf’s area.
- Endangered species have been reintroduced away from predators and pests.
Tiritiri Matangi Island Stay The Night
- For a truly unique experience, stay overnight in DOC’s (Department of Conservation) bunkhouse - the only accommodation on the island
- Observe New Zealand’s nocturnal wildlife emerging as the sun goes down
- Wake up to Tiritiri’s world famous dawn chorus
- Kororā, and the little spotted kiwi, are just some of the wildlife you may be lucky to see on an overnight stay
- Visit the DOC website to learn more