Driving Creek Potteries is the heart of the Driving Creek experience, a place thriving with inspiration, innovation and old world values. Learn about the alchemy of turning clay into treasured works and have a go at wheel throwing with a professional potter!
- Discover - Enjoy learning about Barry Brickell’s legacy with a trip to Driving Creek Pottery.
- Pottery experience - Be a part of the 50-year history of the pottery by learning the basics of wheel throwing, slab building, coiling or sculpture with a professional potter.
- Coro Gold Clay - Get your hands dirty with Coro Gold Clay, hand-made on site, and available to buy and take home with you.
- Guided tour - Experience the essence of Driving Creek with a guided tour of the pottery. You'll discover how the clay is made, explore the many kilns that are used to fire the pottery and the historical machines still in use.
- Duration: Approximately 1 hr 30 mins.
- Departure Time: Tour departs Coromandel Town at 12.10pm.
- Availability: Tour operates daily in conjunction with the Fullers360 Coromandel ferry.
We’ve partnered with a local tour company to provide a bespoke Coromandel experience. As all tours depart from Coromandel Town, we provide a complimentary shuttle from the wharf. You’ll have time to explore the town prior to your tour departure. Here’s what your day will likely look like:
- Ferry arrives at Hannafords Wharf, Coromandel: Approximately 10.45am
- Shuttle to Coromandel Town: Meets the ferry at Hannafords Wharf, and arrives in Coromandel Town at approximately 11.15am
- Free time to explore Coromandel Town until scheduled tour departure
- Tour departs Coromandel Town: 12.10pm
- Tour returns to Coromandel Town: 2.00pm
- Shuttle to Hannafords Wharf: Departs Coromandel Town (Samuel James Reserve car park) 30 minutes prior to scheduled ferry departure
TOUR: Adult $62 Child $62
Child: 3-16 years inclusive.
Bookings for this tour are essential, and places are limited. To secure your ferry and tour package, please book through our call centre: Email or Phone 09 367 9111
Learn more about what you can do to help stop the spread of kauri dieback.