Combine your ferry travel with the most flexible and cost-effective way to experience the island’s top spots. The Hop-on Hop-off bus tour gives you the freedom to visit popular vineyards, beaches and seaside villages full of galleries, shops and cafes at your own pace.
- Your adventure starts as soon as you hop on the ferry to Waiheke Island from Downtown Auckland, your return ferry ticket is included in the tour price
- Board the modern Explorer Bus waiting right outside the Matiatia Ferry Terminal
- Explore the island at your own pace, hop off at one of the 17 stops or stay on for a scenic 1.5 hour loop tour of the island
- Stops include top vineyards, restaurants, shops, art galleries, beaches and nature walks
- Listen to commentary and local tips by on board island host
- Your Explorer bus meets the return ferry to Downtown Auckland
- Duration: Go at your own pace, but we recommend at least half a day, including ferry travel
- Availability: Tour operates Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Tour does not operate on Christmas Day or ANZAC Day
ONE DAY PASS: Adult $68 Child $35 Family $180* (ferry fare, plus explorer pass is included)
TWO DAY PASS**: Adult $99 Child $55 Family $270* (ferry fare, plus explorer pass is included)
*Family is two adults and up to two children.
**The two day pass must be used on consecutive days
Terms & Conditions Apply
MyTours App - is the perfect companion to the Waiheke Island Explorer Hop-on Hop-off tour. It’ll provide you with more information about vineyards and activities near each of the bus stops, plus a detailed interactive map, and other quick links.