Experience all that the Coromandel has to offer with the popular Coromandel Classic Tour, featuring the must see Coromandel attractions, this is the best way to take in all the sites of the stunning peninsula. Enjoy a self-dug soak at Hot Water Beach, walk through the natural archway at Cathedral Cove and discover art, nature and history at Driving Creek. A weekend full of beauty and adventure is just a ferry ride away.
The 2-hour ferry trip offers a scenic cruise through the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park and on to Coromandel Town. You’ll be able to sit back and enjoy the stunning scenery and wildlife—which may even include dolphins if they’re in the area!
- Cathedral Cove & Hot Water Beach Express - Your trip is timed to ensure you get to Hot Water Beach around low tide, the best time for the self-dug thermal beach spas. Cathedral Cove is a photographer's delight, great for swimming, and maybe the best place ever for a picnic.
- Driving Creek Railway - You'll discover the essence of Driving Creek where engineering, pottery and conservation come together for the second part of your Classic Package. The story of Coromandel will unfold on your train journey under a canopy of ferns as you wind your way through the replanted native forest. The breath-taking views, stories of local art, and dedication to a vision for the future have something for the whole family to enjoy.
- Driving Creek Conservation Park - Finish your experience with one of the passionate conservation guides as they share the insights into effective predator control efforts to restore the ecology for our rare and threatened species.
- Ferry fare and scenic shuttle transfers - All transportation is taken care of! The tour package includes your return ferry travel from Auckland and all shuttles between Coromandel attractions.
- Duration: The Coromandel Classic Tour showcases the best of the Coromandel over 2 days, you will experience Hot Water Beach and Cathedral Cove together in a day and Driving Creek Railway Conservation Park Combo on the other. Please note you are responsible for arranging your own accommodation.
- Availability: Tour operates in conjunction with the Fullers360 Coromandel ferry.
We’ve partnered with a local tour company to provide a bespoke Coromandel experience. As all tours depart from Coromandel Town, we provide a complimentary shuttle from the wharf. You’ll have time to explore the town prior to your tour departure.
- Ferry departs Downtown Auckland: This tour starts the moment you board the ferry in Auckland at 8.45am.
- Ferry arrives at Hannafords Wharf, Coromandel: Approximately 10.45am.
- Shuttle to Coromandel Town: Meets the ferry at Hannafords Wharf, and arrives in Coromandel Town at approximately 11.15am.
- Tour departs Coromandel Town: Because Hot Water Beach is best enjoyed at low tide, your tour schedule will be timed around the tides. This means you will either depart at 11.30am on the day you arrive or at 7am the following morning, returning in time for the afternoon ferry to Auckland.
TOUR + FERRY: Adult $278 Child $166
TOUR ONLY: Adult $175 Child $101
Child: 5-15 years inclusive. Infants: 0-4 years inclusive. Family: 2 adults and 2 children.
This tour accept 4pax+ bookings only.
To secure your ferry and tour package, please book through our call centre: Email or Phone 09 367 9111
Learn more about what you can do to help stop the spread of kauri dieback.