The Fullers360 Auckland to Rotoroa return ferry is taking a break from its scheduled services. We hope to be back cruising to this incredible part of the Hauraki Gulf shortly, please check back in with us soon.
With a network of walking tracks, Rotoroa Island is easy to traverse in a day. Walk among the regenerating native forest, with plenty of wildlife, lookout points and beaches along the way. Walk to the South Tower Lookout, with options to stop at beautiful beaches and the famous Chris Booth sculpture.
Southern Loop Track
- A popular track is the Southern Loop, beginning from the Exhibition Centre, about a 10 minute walk from the wharf.
- Take a detour to Men’s Bay, before looping around the South Tower, past the Chris Booth Sculpture and Ruthe Point Lookout.
- There are many trails that connect to the Southern Loop Track. For another great vista point, from the Exhibition Centre, continue to the North Tower Loop Track, passing by Ladies’ Bay to the North Tower (45 minutes return).
Walking times are based on an average to slow pace, and will vary with different levels of fitness, as well as time for a beach or picnic stop.
Time: 1.25 hours return from the Exhibition Centre
Know before you go
- Bring water and a picnic lunch with you. There are no cafés or supplies of drinking water on the island.
- Wear sturdy walking shoes.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat.
- Bring swimming gear and a towel if you’d like to swim at one of the beaches.
- Bring a jacket and layers, as weather can change quickly.
- There are no rubbish bins on pest-free islands. Please remember to take all your rubbish, including leftover food, off the island with you.
This is a pest-free island - read more before you visit here