Known as the “Island of Wine,” Waiheke Island is the ultimate culinary destination. With a unique micro-climate allowing for a long growing season, the island is home to nearly 30 vineyards - many with restaurants and menus to complement the wine. Oneroa Village and Onetangi Beach also offer restaurant and café options, featuring locally-sourced ingredients and artisan foods produced right on the island.
Whether you’re planning a full-day foodie adventure, an afternoon of wine tastings, or just a special dinner date away from the big city, Waiheke is the perfect destination.
Waiheke Island SUMMER WINE & DINE
- Seasonal, multi course meal options crafted specially for the Summer Wine & Dine
- Choose from one of six unique Waiheke restaurants
- Enjoy either a glass of wine or wine tasting – see restaurant menu for specific offerings
- Cross the iconic Hauraki Gulf on the Fullers360 sailing from Auckland Ferry Terminal.
- Return on-island transfers to your choice of restaurant.
- After an afternoon or evening of indulgence, cruise back to the mainland by Ferry.
Waiheke Island Explorer plus, from $93
- Cross the iconic Hauraki Gulf on the Fullers360 sailing from Downtown Auckland Ferry Terminal.
- Choose from either a lunch at one of three local eateries, with your choice of beer or wine, options from fish & chips to café dining, or wine tasting at three top vineyards. Children’s meal options are available.
- All day Explorer Hop-on Hop-off Bus tour, stopping at your choice of 16 locations.
- After a day exploring Waiheke, cruise back to the mainland by Ferry.
See what’s out there Waiheke Explorer Tour
- Flexible, hop-on, hop-off bus tour
- Scenic 1.5 hour loop tour of the island
- Explore at your own pace, stopping in 16 locations
- The cost-effective way to experience the island's best wineries, beaches, restaurants, and more
- On board host to help plan your day
- Return ferry to Waiheke Island from downtown Auckland
Devonport Local Shops & Cafes
Victoria Road, the main street and heart of Devonport, is a quick walk from the Ferry Terminal. It hosts many of the village's boutique fashion outlets, bookshops, galleries, cafes and restaurants. Enjoy a meal right on the water at the beautiful Devon of the Wharf, or at the historic Esplanade Hotel. Venture further up Victoria Road for classic Kiwi cafes and local pubs.Read more
From Victoria Street, stroll down the parallel Wynyard Street to visit Devonport Chocolates for handmade truffles. Try a sample and watch the team of chocolatiers make mix and concoct the treats right in the store. Their bean-to-bar chocolates and truffle assortments make excellent gifts.Read more