coromandel tours Driving Creek Railway
The Driving Creek Railway is one of the Coromandel’s most popular attractions and is suitable for all ages. The narrow gauge mountain train ride takes you through replanted native kauri forests as it climbs up to the Eyeful Tower viewing platform, which features superb views of the Coromandel Town, harbour and beyond. With a bird sanctuary, art gallery and the Driving Creek Café nearby, there is plenty to see and do.
|Availability:||Tour operates daily in conjunction with the 360 Coromandel ferry service. Note: you can only do one tour a day|
|Time:||1 Hour 40 minutes|
|Tour Price:||Adult $45, Child $20 (ferry fares are additional)|
What to Bring
- Good walking shoes, sun block and a sun hat.
- Plenty of water and snacks.
- A light rain jacket, depending on the time of year and conditions.
|Regular Shuttle Schedule|
|Departs Coromandel Town to Driving Creek Railway||12:15pm|
|Pickup from Driving Creek Railway for return to Coromandel||1:55pm|
- Shuttle operates in conjunction with the 360 Discovery Ferry timetable.
- Suitable for all ages.
- Bookings are essential.
- Admission into Driving Creek Railway is included in the tour price.