coromandel tours Coromandel Town Explorer
The Coromandel Town Explorer is one of the Coromandel’s most popular day trips. Visit the famous Driving Creek Railway - New Zealand’s only narrow gauge mountain railway. The railway features superb views from the "Eyeful Tower" viewing platform, unique art features and a replanted native forest.
Then join a guided tour to Coromandel’s most majestic grove of giant ancient Kauri. The experienced local guides will unfold the rich story of the Coromandel Kauri and the history of the Coromandel. During this experience you’ll enjoy a short walk to the picturesque Waiau Waterfall – a treat for photographers!
This package brings the story of Coromandel to life.
|Availability:||Tour operates weekends only, in conjunction with the 360 Coromandel ferry service. Note: you can only do one tour a day|
|Tour Price:||Adult $75, Child $40.(ferry fares are additional)
* Admission into Driving Creek Railway is included
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes, sun block and a sun hat.
- Plenty of water.
- A light rain jacket, depending on the time of year and conditions.
|Departs Coromandel Town to Driving Creek Railway||12.15pm|
|Pickup from Driving Creek Railway for return to Coromandel||1.55pm|
|Departs Coromandel Town for 309 Road||2.00pm|
|Returns Coromandel||3.45pm approx|
- Shuttle operates in conjunction with the 360 Discovery Ferry timetable.
- Snacks and plenty of water.
- Suitable for all ages.
- Bookings are essential.
- Admission into the Driving Creek Railway is included.
- Child car seats available on request in advance.