Escape the city centre bustle and cruise the sparkling waters of Auckland’s beautiful Waitemata Harbour. Perfect if you have a tight itinerary, the tour offers the best view of four major Auckland icons - the Harbour Bridge, Rangitoto Island, Bean Rock and the Sky Tower- and much more!
1.5-hour cruise of the Auckland Harbour – See the city skyline from a new vantage point, and get up close to iconic waterfront destinations up close.
Expert local commentary – Hear stories about the city’s waterfront and maritime history from our knowledgeable crew.
Morning or afternoon tea – Enjoy a complimentary hot beverage and muffin during your journey.
Learn about these iconic landmarks as you sail past:
- North Head - North Head guards the entrance to the harbour, and was made into an artillery battery in 1885 to defend Auckland from invasion. It has several remaining gun emplacements and military tunnels to explore - not to mention great walks and views of the harbour.
- Bean Rock Lighthouse - Situated at the entrance to the Waitemata Harbour, this historic lighthouse was built in 1871. Its small hexagonal cottage provided accommodation for a resident lightkeepeer - which became unnecessary when the light became automatic in 1912.
- Rangitoto Island - Rangitoto Island erupted from the sea in a series of dramatic explosions roughly 600 years ago, but the volcano is now dormant. The summit offers spectacular 360-degree views of Auckland and the islands of the Hauraki Gulf.
- Auckland Harbour Bridge - This iconic bridge opened in 1959 and took over 200 workers nearly four years to build. It originally had only four lanes, but as traffic increased, two more (one on each side) were added later. If you're feeling adventurous, you can climb or bungee jump off the bridge with adventure company AJ Hackett.
- Devonport Naval Base - The naval base in Devonport dates back to 1840 when William Hobson, then-Governor of New Zealand, arrived on the HMS Herald and established Auckland as New Zealand's (short-lived) capital. Today the base is an important administrative centre for the Royal New Zealand Navy.
- Chelsea Sugar Refinery - Chelsea Sugar, one of New Zealand's iconic food brands, has been producing sugar at this refinery in Birkenhead since 1884. Today the company produces 200,000 tonnes of raw sugar each year. The factory is situated in a beautiful privately-owned park, which is open to the public.
- Westhaven Marina and the Viaduct - The largest marina in the southern hemisphere, Westhaven can accommodate up to 1,800 boats. Nearby, the Viaduct Marina is home to many superyachts, and lined with bars and restaurants, plus the Voyager New Zealand Maritime Museum.
- 1.5-hour scenic cruise of Auckland's Waitemata Harbour
- Sail under the Harbour Bridge
- Take in views of the Sky Tower, North Head and Bean Rock
- See the volcanic island of Rangitoto
- Learn about Auckland's waterfront and maritime history from expert live commentary
Duration: 1.5 hours
Availability: Available 7 days a week, except for Christmas Day
Departure Time: Tour departs Auckland at 1.45pm on weekdays and 10.45am and 1.45pm weekends
TOUR: Adult: $50 Child: $25 Family: $135*
*Family is two adults and up to two children.
Please note: Departure gates will close two minutes before scheduled tour time.
Terms & Conditions Apply