Discover the story of the conservation work at Driving Creek in this “behind the fence” Conservation Park tour.
- Guided walking tour - Your tour will lead you through beautiful native bush and give you a glimpse into an abandoned gold mine where wētā now thrive, before taking you inside the predator-proof fenced wildlife sanctuary.
- Wildlife sanctuary - The sanctuary is home to a pair of endemic pateke ducks and the rare Coromandel striped gecko.
- Habitat restoration - Your guide will tell you about the significant pest-control and habitat restoration work being done to provide a safe haven for native birds, insects and reptiles.
- Return transfer - Includes return transfer from Coromandel Town.
- Duration: Approximately 1.5 hours.
- Departure Time: Tour departs Coromandel Town at 12.50pm daily.
- Availability: Tour operates daily in conjunction with the Fullers360 Coromandel ferry.
We’ve partnered with a local tour company to provide a bespoke Coromandel experience. As all tours depart from Coromandel Town, we provide a complimentary shuttle from the wharf. You’ll have time to explore the town prior to your tour departure. Here’s what your day will likely look like:
- Ferry arrives at Hannafords Wharf, Coromandel: Approximately 10.45am
- Shuttle to Coromandel Town: Meets the ferry at Hannafords Wharf, and arrives in Coromandel Town at approximately 11.15am
- Free time to explore Coromandel Town until scheduled tour departure
- Tour departs Coromandel Town: 12.50pm
- Tour returns to Coromandel Town: 2.10pm
- Shuttle to Hannafords Wharf: Departs Coromandel Town (Samuel James Reserve car park) 30 minutes prior to scheduled ferry departure
TOUR: Adult $28 Child $19 Infant: No charge Family $75
Child: 4-15 years inclusive. Infants: 0-3 years inclusive. Family: 2 adults and 2 children.
Bookings for this tour are essential, and places are limited. To secure your ferry and tour package, please book through our call centre: Email or Phone 09 367 9111
Learn more about what you can do to help stop the spread of kauri dieback.