Glide through the forest on this unique zipline canopy tour and experience Coromandel’s breath-taking native forest from all levels, as you fly above the trees and walk beneath the ferns.
- Mountain train ride - Travel up to the start of your zipline experience on the Driving Creek Railway.
- Zipline canopy tour - Glide through the trees on this adventurous eight zipline canopy tour within Driving Creek’s Conservation Park.
- Native forest - You'll experience Coromandel’s native forest from all levels as you walk beneath ferns and stunning views from the treetops and over the Copeland Stream.
- Knowledgeable guided tour - Your guides will lead you on an unforgettable journey as you learn about Driving Creek’s transformation from gold mining to lush native forest, a haven for native birds and regenerating kauri trees.
- A sanctuary for native birds and regenerating kauri trees
- Return shuttle transfer – Enjoy the quick ride to Driving Creek Railway. The tour includes return transfer from the Coromandel ferry (Hannafords Wharf) via Coromandel Town.
- Duration: Approximately 2.5 hours.
Departure Time: Tour departs Coromandel Town at 11.45am, returns at 3.00pm. Start Zipline at 12:00pm.
- Availability: Tour operates Sundays in conjunction with the Fullers360 Coromandel ferry.
We’ve partnered with a local tour company to provide a bespoke Coromandel experience. As all tours depart from Coromandel Town, we provide a complimentary shuttle from the wharf. You’ll have time to explore the town prior to your tour departure. Here’s what your day will likely look like:
- Ferry arrives at Hannafords Wharf, Coromandel: Approximately 10.45am
- Shuttle to Coromandel Town: Meets the ferry at Hannafords Wharf, and arrives in Coromandel Town at approximately 11.15am
- Tour departs Coromandel Town: 11.45am
- Tour returns to Coromandel Town: 3.00pm
- Shuttle to Hannafords Wharf: Departs Coromandel Town (Samuel James Reserve car park) 30 minutes prior to scheduled ferry departure
What do I need
- To participate in the Zipline Canopy Tour the maximum weight is 120kg.
- Please wear closed toe shoes.
- Minimum age 6 years.
TOUR: Adult $142 Child $99 Family $383
Child: 6-16 years inclusive. Family: 2 adults and 2 children.
Bookings for this tour are essential, and places are limited. To secure your ferry and tour package, please book through our call centre: Email or Phone 09 367 9111
Learn more about what you can do to help stop the spread of kauri dieback.