Discover the essence of Driving Creek where engineering, pottery and conservation come together. Journey inside the predator-proof fence, and learn about this significant pest-control and habitat restoration work to provide a safe haven for native birds, insects and reptiles.
Image credit: Ian Preece
- Driving Creek Railway - The story of Coromandel will unfold on your 1 hr 15min train journey as you wind your way through the replanted native forest.
- Eyefull Tower - The breath-taking views, stories of local art, and dedication to a vision for the future have something for the whole family to enjoy.
- Guided walking tour - View the endangered reptiles within the sanctuary.
- Conservation Park Explorer - After viewing the colourful geckos within the sanctuary, finish your experience with one of the passionate conservation guides as they share the insights into effective predator control efforts to restore the ecology for our rare and threatened species.
- Return transfer - Includes return transfer from Coromandel Town.
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours.
- Departure Time: Tour departs Coromandel Town at 12.10pm.
- Availability: Tour operates daily in conjunction with the Fullers360 Coromandel ferry sailings.
We’ve partnered with a local tour company to provide a bespoke Coromandel experience. As all tours depart from Coromandel Town, we provide a complimentary shuttle from the wharf. You’ll have time to explore the town prior to your tour departure. Here’s what your day will likely look like:
- Ferry arrives at Hannafords Wharf, Coromandel: Approximately 10.45am
- Shuttle to Coromandel Town: Meets the ferry at Hannafords Wharf, and arrives in Coromandel Town at approximately 11.15am
- Free time to explore Coromandel Town until scheduled tour departure
- Tour departs Coromandel Town: 12.10pm
- Tour returns to Coromandel Town: 3.15pm
- Shuttle to Hannafords Wharf: Departs Coromandel Town (Samuel James Reserve car park) 30 minutes prior to scheduled ferry departure
TOUR: Adult $60 Child $27 Infant $7 Family $147
Child: 4-16 years inclusive. Infants: 0-3 years inclusive. Family: 2 adults and 2 children.
Bookings for this tour are essential, and places are limited. To secure your ferry and tour package, please book through our call centre: Email or Phone 09 367 9111
Learn more about what you can do to help stop the spread of kauri dieback.