Accessible only by foot or boat, Cathedral Cove is one of the most spectacular natural attractions on the Coromandel Peninsula. After a scenic shuttle to Whitianga, you’ll cruise to Cathedral Cove’s shores by Glass Bottom Boat. View the stunning volcanic coastline and abundant marine life on the way.
- Scenic shuttle transfer - From Coromandel Town you’ll head over the mountain range and along the picturesque eastern coastline into Whitianga.
- Glass Bottom Boat tour – In Whitianga, board an exciting 1.25 hour express cruise on an iconic Glass Bottom Boat. See the coastline’s highlights, including Shakespeare's Cliff and Cook's Beach Blowhole.
- Cruise through a marine reserve – You’ll cruise through Te Whanganui-A-Hei, the first marine reserve in the Coromandel. You’ll experience the full wonder of the marine ecosystem thanks, with a unique view of marine life below the boat.
- Photo stop at Cathedral Cove – Arrive at Cathedral Cove’s stunning beach. View the rock arch and take in the unique geological architecture. You’ll have plenty of time to capture the picturesque beauty that surrounds you, including the natural wonder that is Cathedral Cove.
Up close view of Cathedral Cove, Shakespeare’s Cliff and Cook’s Beach Blowhole
Glass Bottom Boat cruise through a marine reserve
Beautiful photo opportunities
Duration: Approximately 4 hours
Availability: Tour operates weekends only
Departure Time: Tour departs Coromandel Town at approximately 11.30am on Saturdays and Sundays.
Schedule: We’ve partnered with a local tour company to provide a bespoke Coromandel experience. As all tours depart from Coromandel Town, we provide a complimentary shuttle from the wharf. Here’s what your day will likely look like:
- Ferry arrives at Hannafords Wharf, Coromandel: Approximately 10.45am
- Shuttle to Coromandel Town: Meets the ferry at Hannafords Wharf, and arrives in Coromandel Town at approximately 11.15am
- Tour departs Coromandel Town: Meets shuttle to depart at approximately 11.30am
- Tour returns to Coromandel Town: Approximately 3.45pm
- Shuttle to Hannafords Wharf: Departs Coromandel Town (Samuel James Reserve car park) 30 minutes prior to scheduled ferry departure
TOUR + FERRY: Adult $263 Child $174*
TOUR ONLY: Adult $165 Child $105*
Bookings for this tour are essential, and places are limited. A child is 0-15 years inclusive. To secure your ferry and tour package, please book through our Customer Care centre:
Email or Phone 09 367 9111